What is the SPRINGabaloo?
Every year in the Spring, the HPTA holds this silent auction fundraiser which includes both Silent and Live auction items. All of the money raised at this event goes directly to the Howard Hathaway Elementary School via the Hathaway PTA to fund field trips, classroom needs, dances, Art for Life, our Reading Journey program and much, much more!
What do our funds support?
The first two years this event raised money for the school’s playground. After our second SPRINGabaloo we were able to break ground for our new ‘Mary Borden Playground’ thanks to a very generous donation from Mr. Edward Borden whose grandson, Jonah is at Hathaway. After our playground was completed, the HPTA turned their attention to a much needed technology upgrade in our classrooms.
In 2016 we raised over $12,000.00 and were able to purchase 19 new IPADs, a large screen TV, 21 Osmos, fund a new Maker Space which we equipped with IPADs, tablets, dot and dash and green screen equipment.
In 2017 and 2018 we raised enough so that each classroom has their own ViewSonic viewboards (large screen TVs). The new drop down projector for the cafeteria for the school’s Community Meetings is on order.
In 2019 we are fundraising to support our ‘Hathaway Schoolyard Habitat’ outdoor classroom. The mission of the Hathaway Schoolyard Habitat is to provide an outdoor learning environment for our school community that promotes scientific inquiry and appreciation of our natural world AND fosters critical thinking and environmental stewardship. Go to the NEWs section of this website to see the presentation about this program and how it will enhance the Hathaway school learning environment.
How can you help?
- Participate on the Springabaloo Committee by attending monthly meetings, from December to date of the event. If interested please contact the HPTA Vice President.
- Help collect silent and LIVE auction items. Please contact donation chair Lisa Museler if interested.
All silent auction donations need to be sent to the school main office Monday before the event. Please contact our donation chair Lisa Museler if you need someone to pick up your donation.
Click here to complete your donation form and/or place an advertisement in our program booklet electronically.
- Volunteer night of the event. List of auction volunteer opportunities are below:
- Guest check in (2) – provide attendees with program, provide Bid Number and review check out process
- Wine raffle sales (2) – help selling wine raffle tickets during the event. Possible two 2 hour shifts.
- Assist with closing Silent Auction (2) – pull bid sheets and move auction items to pick up room
- Cash/Check Cashier – record Bidder Name/Bid Number and final amount with check number when necessary
- Credit Card Cashiers (2) – use credit card swiper on cell phone and record Bidder Name/Bid Number and final amount paid
- Item Pick Up (2) – obtain winning signatures and help distribute gift certificates and auction items
Please note there is a service fee ($1.00/ticket) added to these purchases.